Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Sometimes when I miss you, I log onto facebook and watch all of your videos. I watch you play Uncle Kevin's guitar with your tangled and un-snipped wires. Your favorite. I watch your stubbornness, but also your alacrity as you humor others song after song.

If only you could see the effects that you have had on number three and number four. If only you could hear them now. They plunk and they twang just as you did, adding their own distinct hues to the racket we call music. Their tenacity to make sounds intensifies with each pulse.
 
 I eagerly await the day when you will see what has transpired. I eagerly await the day when we will find our family whole. But I endeavor to combat my selfish desire because you labor in the thick of true altruism. So for now I'll be content watching clips of you and Uncle Kevin's guitar with the tangled and un-snipped wires. You add your cheeky variations, your way of rebelling against the many song requests. My favorite.

1 comment:

  1. makes me miss my bird who was/is a force nature, has managed to pick up her own string instrument and swings the sweetest songs...some of your words here may turn into a song someday...until then...come HOME! I miss you!

    ReplyDelete