One time, Ynna criticized my blog for its lack of pictures. Since it's your birthday, this post is dedicated to you. Happy Birthday, pretty girl. I miss you.
This weekend we went on a two hour bus ride and found this:
Green.
So Dil stopped the bus and let us walk around outside.
I'm thankful to be here.
I'm thankful to learn more about myself while studying Arabic and this culture.
Even with the consequence of a constant headache, I'm thankful for our moveable gas heater. It saves us from our thirty degree apartment.
Death by hypothermia or asphyxiation?
Easy. Asphyxiation.
Our Thanksgiving was a little unorthodox with falafal sandwiches and hours of newspaper reading. We made up for it shwaya with a potluck dinner tonight. Finding cooking supplies and working ovens was a fiasco. Creative thinking made it work in the end and it was delicious.
I'm thankful for my Jordan family.
I'm thankful for my Jordan family.
More importantly, I'm thankful for these girls. Last night, all three of us squeezed into a twin bed. Didn't think that was possible, didya? They even let me sleep in the middle, those gems.
I've written about Dana previously. She is the sweetest.
Jordan and I have literally spent every minute together on this study abroad. We have pushed each other to maximum capacity and fought through times of sluggishness and despair. She's brilliant and extremely talented. I'm thankful to be around someone who is motivating and supportive. Shuks katiir.



your blog just got 10x cooler/more interesting. thanks :)
ReplyDelete