Friday, August 26, 2011

Today was my last day at the Gap until the end of December. Can I get a 7umdilallah?! A coworker once told me that working at the Gap was like being in an abusive relationship. So true. 

So August. It's been a busy month. The mentor job ended. It was, by far, the best job I have ever had. I made more in the month of July than I do in a year. My mom laughs. 

August brought many visitors: Grandma Cherry, Csilla, Luke, Ynna, Aunt Allisa, and the Youngs. I'm a lucky girl. These visits included many trips to the beach, a Red Sox game, shopping on Newberry street, Salem, The House of Seven Gables, and lots and lots of walks on the freedom trail. I love freedom. 

Ynna helped me buy oversized clothes. I'm going for frumpy in Jordan. I cried, she laughed. It's fine, we're lovers. We went to a used bookstore while she was here and now I'm addicted. Since she has been gone, I have purchased over ten books that I won't be able to read until December. They will be my reward after a busy semester.

I met up with some of my favorite SLI'ers in New York on an impromptu Fung Wah bus trip with Catie.  Yeah, that's right, Fung Wah. You can't beat fifteen dollars for a bus trip. Once we got into NYC, it took us three hours to figure out how to get to the orientation, only thirteen miles away. We laughed the entire time.

Shout out to Liz: I'll miss you, my friend, my cousin, my sister. You are one of the people I trust most. Even though we drive each other crazy, I know we will always remain close. 

Yesterday was my last night with Jess. We decided to go rock climbing. Our plans were halted by the rudest employee who wouldn't pass our belay tests. I hate knots. She told us she was too busy to remind us how to set up. Um, there were ten people in gym. It was about to be a girl fight, but I looked at Jess. His eyes begged me not to make a scene. I turned around and got my money back. I stewed about it for the thirty minute car ride home. Jess turned on Mason Jennings, kept commenting on how awesome his voice is, and suggested Vietnamese food. He has a talent of staying calm. Everyone needs a Jess in their life. 

I am regretting not studying any Arabic this summer, but I don't regret how I spent my time. Does that make sense? I know that I don't have much time left with my family. I hope I made it count. 

2 comments:

  1. i'm jealous that you returned to the book store! plz don't leave. plzzzz. jk it will be fun. you will look good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i miss you... and so do the roommies. we mention you daily, just like you guys mentioned me in england. have fun. i love you.

    ReplyDelete