Sunday, March 28, 2010

Yesterday I went to Festival of Colors also known as Holi, a Hindu festival. Holi was traditionally an agricultural festival that celebrated the arrival of spring. Colored powders are thrown symbolizing the shedding of the grays of winter and celebrating the appearance of beautiful spring colors. It also provides an avenue for Hindus to indulge in happiness and to ignore social norms. Happy Spring!
Ynna and I after the three mile trek to the temple.
Singing hare krishna, dancing, and crowd surfing
Roaming around the temple.
We got there a little late so we missed most of the powder throwing.
Not so eco-friendly. The remnants of the colored powder.
Hitchhiking on the back of a random truck saved us from walking the three miles back to the car.

2 comments:

  1. Was this in Utah? I must go to a Festival of Colors now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ps. I LOVE your blog. And those postcards...those are the postcards I would send, too.

    ReplyDelete